Click Here to report a problem or concern on our section of the Appalachian Trail.
Click Here to see more photos from a recent CVATC trail workday.
An example of the invasives we have to deal with in the Cumberland Valley
The Dickinson Lacrosse Team recently held their fifth annual workday with CVATC
CVATC members at recent workday
The work on our section of the AT falls into several categories.
(1) Individual CVATC members are responsible for the routine maintenance of separate sections of the footpath.
(2) The Club organizes group workdays to handle projects too large for an individual maintainer. These are generally held on the third Saturday of each month during Spring, Summer and Fall.
(3) A separate group of maintainers is responsible for maintaining our boundary corridor. See below for more on Corridor Stewardship.
(4) The CVATC "Weed Warriors" Group concentrates on eliminating invasive species like mile-a-minute, multiflora rose, swallowwort, etc. and allowing our native species to thrive. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Weed Warriors" in the subject line to join this group.
WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US!! For more information, check the Activity Calendar page on this site or send us an email. Most events meet at the Scott Farm AT Work Center, between Carlisle and Mechanicsburg. Click here for a map showing the location of the Scott Farm.
CVATC Corridor Stewardship
Our corridor stewardship activities include helping to clear the 37 miles of boundary through the Valley, set metal posts where boundary monuments are missing, pick up trash from within the boundary but not on the trail, pull invasive plant species, etc. We generally have Corridor Stewardship Workdays on the first Saturday and the following Thursday of each month. Check the Activity Calendar for specific dates and times. If you are interested in helping at other times, send an e-mail to one of the contact addresses below. Please put Boundary Volunteer in the subject line. As projects are set up, volunteers will be notified by e-mail of date, time, place, and specifics on what the project is. If you can and want to participate, just e-mail back and show up at the designated time and place.
(1) email@example.com Please put Boundary Volunteer in the subject line.
CVATC's youngest maintainer